Vail offers lots of adventure during the summer and winter. Activities near Vail include concerts, outdoor activities, fine dining, shopping and of course, world class skiing in the winter! In the summer, Vail is is a great warm-weather getaway with beautiful scenery, golfing, biking and hiking.
The Vail Valley includes several smaller exceptional mountain towns named, East Vail, Lionshead, Minturn, Eagle-Vail, Avon and Edwards.
- Outdoor Activities: Vail is the greatest for outdoor activities. In the Vail Valley visitors of all ages can experience the backcountry by hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing, horseback riding, ziplining or (of course) whitewater rafting.
- Golfing: The beautiful Vail golf course is open to the public and offers great rates all season long. In addition, the 13 other golf courses in the Vail Valley offer avid players the opportunity to play on courses designed by famous golfers like Arnold Palmer.
- Betty Ford Alpine Gardens: Enjoy the scenic flora of the world’s highest botanical garden. This location hosts a spectacular collection of high-elevation indigenous plants during the winter and summer.
- Shopping & Dining: High in the mountains you will find Vail’s shopping and dining. Vail definitely has something for everyone’s taste and price range– from high end gear and dining to burgers and casual gear.
- US Pro Cycling Challenge: In August check out Colorado’s version of the Tour De France. Although stage’s for the Vail area are not yet posted you can bank on seeing the individual time trials start in Vail Village and head East up Vail Pass.
- Nightlife: Vail has dozens of places to go out at night. Happy hour starts at 4 and starts on a sunny deck with a beer. There are also more relaxing venues such as an intimate piano bar. For a little more lively evening try one of the dance clubs where you can see a live show.
- Other Activities include: Tennis, Rock Climbing, Concerts, Disc Golf, Gondola Rides, Bird watching, Jeep Tours, Hot Air Balloon Rides, Bowling and Art Festivals.