Vail Snow Update
Are you thinking about making a trip to the beautiful Vail mountain resort? Well, thankfully, a bit of weather rolled through and blessed the mountain with some fresh snow! There’s nothing quite like that first time each year when you glide off the chairlift, ready yourself at the top of the hill, then make those first few turns on fresh snow. Whether you’ve already got the flight booked, skis packed and lift ticket ready, or you’ve just been bitten by the snow travel bug, or anywhere in-between, there’s just no such thing as too many snow updates. Things are starting to wind down for 2017 as 2018 looms nearby, so here’s a quick Vail Ski Resort snow update for those final days in 2017.
- In the last week, Vail Resort has welcomed 18 inches of fresh, NEW snow!
- Vail is currently rocking a 23 inch base depth
- A total of 49 inches of snow has fallen on this beautiful mountain
- Going to be around for the first few days of the New Year? Good news – Vail will be receiving it’s next fresh batch of snow in the first few days of 2018!
- Vail is running 12 out of its 31 chair lifts
- 38 out of 195 Vail ski runs are currently open
- Enjoy over 1,200 acres of skiable terrain!
- Take advantage of packed powder conditions
- About 23% of the mountain is currently open
- Vail’s famous bowls are not quite over, but check back after the next snowfall for terrain updates!
Other Nearby Resorts
Curious how the other Colorado Rockies resorts are faring? Keep reading for snow updates from some of the other nearby resorts!
Beaver Creek Snow Update
- 11 inches of snow over the last week
- 18 inch base depth
- 41 inches of snow so far this season!
- Almost 600 acres of skiable terrain open!
- 19 out of 22 lifts running
- 36 out of 150 trails open
- Beaver Creek is about 32% open heading into 2018
Copper Mountain Snow Update
- This week has welcomed 26 inches of new snow!
- 93 inches total for the season
- 40 inch base depth
- 84 out of 157 trails are open
- 17 out of 23 lifts are running
- Almost 900 acres of skiable terrain!
- Copper is 60% open!
Breckenridge Snow Update
- 30 inches of snow in the last 7 days!
- Total snowfall of 78 inches on the season
- Base depth: 39 inches
- 17 out of 35 chair lifts are open
- 78 out of 187 trails currently open for your turning pleasure
- Packed powder conditions throughout the mountain
- 43% of Breckenridge Mountain terrain is open
- Over 1,250 acres of skiable terrain
- Trails open on all 5 peaks!
Steamboat Snow Update
- Steamboat is 78% open!
- 31 inch base with packed powder conditions throughout the mountain
- 85 inches of snow this season!
- 14 out of 18 lifts are running
- 150 out of 165 trails are open
Aspen Snow Update
- 12 inches of fresh snow in the last week!
- 18 inch base
- 45 out of 76 trails open
- All 8 lifts are running!
- Over 200 acres of skiable terrain
- Expert terrain available now!
- 59% of the resort is open
Snowmass Snow Update
- 16 inches of snow in the last 7 days!
- 34 inch base
- 28 out of 93 trails open
- 14 out of 20 lifts are running
- Over 600 acres of packed powder skiable terrain!
- About 29% of the mountain is open