If you’re a nature freak and visiting Colorado, chances are you’re here for some of the best hiking in the U.S. The best part about hiking in Colorado is that you can find places to hike just about anywhere in the state! Some of our favorite hiking, in particular, is located near Kremmling, CO.
1. Hanging Lake Trail: Located in Glenwood Springs, Hanging Lake Trail is definitely a trek to put on your ‘Colorado hiker’s bucket list’. After a moderately difficult uphill climb (45 min), you are rewarded with an awe-inspiring view of fallen trees and waterfalls that poor into the turquoise waters atop the Glenwood Canyon cliffs.
2. Gore Canyon Trail: If you’re looking for a spectacular bird’s eye view of the upper Colorado River, Gore Canyon trail is a perfect hiking trail to get that experience. This three mile trail winds narrowly between the canyon walls and the Colorado River. With a moderate hiking difficulty, child supervision is recommended. For a double-whammy experience, bring your fishing rod with you and catch yourself a brown river trout once you’re done hiking!
3. Wolford Mountain Trail: This trail starts you out in a fragrant field of sage located at the base of Wolford Mountain. As you climb the mountain trail, you will transition from sage fields to a forest full of Aspen trees. As a bird enthusiast, this hiking trail is one for the books, as the Wolford Mountain area is home to loons, grebes, ducks, and gulls. So bring out that camera of yours and pack it up with your snacks and hiking gear!
4. Fraser River Trail: Although a short 0.55 mile trek each way, this trail offers beautiful views of the surrounding mountains as well as offering possible sightings of the local wildlife there, which includes beavers, moose, deer, coyotes, herons and other bird species.
5. Fish Creek Falls: This trail shows off a magnificent 280 foot waterfall that is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Kremmling area. If you’re looking for a hike that offers near-instant gratification, a quarter-mile walk down a gravel road will bring you to the lower Falls. However, Fish Creek Falls path also has a longer path for the hiker looking for a longer experience!
If hiking in Colorado is one of your designated bucket list to-do’s, then you’ve come for the right reason! Colorado’s natural side offers a lifetime of nature-bound activities, and one of the best ways to get that experience in full force is to hit the whitewater with Colorado River Rentals. With gear rentals and guided river trips, CRR is sure to provide you with an unforgettable Colorado experience. Jumping into the watery fray is a fantastic way to cool down from a long day of hiking near Kremmling.